Mechanical Engineer Life Cycle Engineering
As Mechanical Engineer Life Cycle Engineering you will participate in the engineering group for IHC Services. Life Cycle Engineering is a paid engineering activity for operational dredging vessels or offshore vessels. The services of Life Cycle Engineering consists of three main items:
- analyses and studies; from feasibility studies up to workability analyses
- engineering and design; from concept engineering up to production drawings
- naval architecture; from stability booklets up to lightweight checks.
Life Cycle Engineering facilitates our clients with adaptations and upgrades on (integrated) equipment, systems and structures. This includes, for example, the engineering of modifications, renovations, improvements and upgrades on all kind of equipment and systems. As Mechanical Engineer, you will work at IHC Services and will be based in Kinderdijk. The IHC Services engineers modify and renovate complex custom-built and standard offshore and dredging vessels. As a Mechanical Engineer Services, you are responsible for developing engineering solutions for IHC and non-IHC products, technologies, production processes, installation and equipment in the field of naval architecture. Furthermore, you functionally lead and coordinate a team of engineers in the preparation and realization of project deliverables in accordance with customer requirements, technical and operational guidelines. As Mechanical Engineer you are also responsible for:
- design of machine engine room installations and piping
- creating and/or checking diagrams, schemes, arrangement drawings, parts lists, production drawings, calculations, specifications or reports
- create technical concepts of equipment, installations or integrated systems
- inform, communicate and discuss with your team leader, class agency, client, suppliers and team members
- examine the processed drawings and documents on consistency with specifications, missing information, readability and user-friendliness and, where needed, adjust or elaborate the documents and system information
- revise the basic engineering package, based on non-conformities, own insight or directions by others, and where needed discuss with team leader and/or relevant stakeholders.
In order to qualify for the vacancy of Mechanical Engineer Life Cycle Engineering you have the following profile:
- Bachelor or Master degree in mechanical engineering or another technical discipline (e.g. marine engineering)
- relevant work experience gained in a similar position (mechanical engineering) and with 3D CAD, Solid Edge or NUPAS CADMATIC
- good analytical and problem-solving skills, service minded and pro-active, creative and a flexible attitude
- good communication skills spoke and written in English, with moderate Dutch skills preferable
- able and willing to work in Kinderdijk in The Netherlands
- only candidates with an EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates
- an online assessment and screening is part of the recruitment process.
Terms of employment
Royal IHC offers you a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Are you interested in the position of Mechanical Engineer Life Cycle Engineering and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly to our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
As Mechanical Engineer Life Cycle Engineering, you will work at IHC Services, based in Kinderdijk. IHC Services is the global market leader in the construction of tools at sea and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore and dredging ships and equipment. IHC Services' core mission is to be the preferred supplier for all services relating to the offshore, dredging and mining industry. From the head office in The Netherlands and with employees working from sites and offices on a global basis, we're able to ensure a local presence and support for customers on every continent. We offer 24/7 Service worldwide and services typically include Repair, Rental, Renovation, Condition Based Services, Feasibility studies, Life Cycle Engineering, Parts & Logistics and Training & Consultancy. With our commitment to technological innovation, in which sustainability and safety are key, we strive to continuously meet the specific needs of each customer in a rapidly evolving world. For more information please check www.royalihc.com/en/servicesBedrijfspresentatie
|Plaatsingsdatum||vrijdag 4 januari 2019|
|Telefoon||+31 78 691 0984|