Finance Assistant #169444 MaritiemeVacaturebank.nl
Working @ S5 - Work hard, play hard!
At S5, we don’t expect our customers to settle for second-best and you shouldn’t either. Like you, we have great ambitions: to become the world’s leading shipping agency service. Challenging for sure, and hard work but also interesting, dynamic, satisfying and definitely fun. Always with our corporate values as a solid foundation, of course.
Our no-nonsense approach is to-the-point and clear, hands-on and can-do. From communicating with worldwide customers to having a nest of poisonous spiders removed from a shipment - never a dull moment! Fortunately, you always have your colleagues to fall back on who are dedicated professionals like yourself. Independent team players who together want to make a difference to our customers and help improve our shipping industry.
Everything at S5 is new and we are open to any innovation or change which might benefit our customers. If you see a new opportunity, we will encourage you to seize it. We will also encourage you to grow along with us, with plenty of career opportunities and a strong focus on professional training.
From day one, you are an integral part of our team, both inside and outside the office. More than anything we need team spirit to realise our international ambitions. In a dynamic world, we aim to grow fast. To become the best because only the best will do!
Expecting the unexpected?
S5, based in Rotterdam, is looking for a:
As a Finance Assistant you are part of the team responsible for the various activities involved in the financial administration of S5 North Europe.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Checking and monitoring the financial process;
- Performing and checking the cash and bank entries;
- Supporting and optimising cash control;
- Performing and checking the registering of creditor invoices;
- Matching and handling outstanding creditors with statements or reminders of suppliers;
- Maintaining contact with the Shared Service Centre in India regarding invoices;
- Analysing of financial entries and correctly processing these;
- Analysing the balance sheet;
- Daily processing of reports and overviews;
- Being a sparring partner for the Finance and Operations department;
- Contribute to the development of the department and organisation by means of executing projects for improvement;
- Maintaining quality of the financial administration.
This vacancy is open to strengthen our Finance team in Rotterdam (head office of S5 North Europe).
- Driven and ambitious;
- Able to work independently;
- Positive attitude;
- Not a 9-to-5 mentality;
- Education & requirements:
- Minimum MBO degree in Finance;
- 1-5 years relevant working experience within an international organization;
- Relevant working experience in logistics and/or shipping is a plus;
- Able to work in an international and dynamics environment;
- Proficient in English as well as Dutch (verbally as well as in writing)
- Commitment to the company, based on our core values of Service, Innovation, Integrity and No-Nonsense.
S5 offers a challenging job with good opportunities to develop yourself within a growing international and professional environment.
Salary and other benefits:
- Competitive salary;
- Other emoluments such as pension and a health insurance contribution;
- Personal development and training opportunities.
Yes, I want this job:
We invite you to apply! Please send us your CV and cover letter. Let us know why you want to work for S5 and why you think you are suitable for this position. Do you have any questions regarding this position, please feel free to contact our Human Resources department at (+31) 10 506 2000.
S5 Delivers More…
S5 is het snelst groeiende agentschap van de wereld. Onze groei in deze competitieve markt is gebouwd op reputatie, en het vermogen om onze procesgestuurde producten op maat te maken en daarmee te voldoen aan de specifieke en veranderende eisen van onze klanten.
We zijn trots op onze klantgerichte benadering, onze service en toewijding om altijd te leveren.
S5 werd in 2004 gelanceerd door een aantal grote regionale scheepsagenten om een wereldwijd, onafhankelijk netwerk te vormen aangestuurd door ervaren professionals.
Ben jij die professional? En ben je op zoek naar een baan in een actieve en internationale organisatie waar “never a dull” wordt ervaren.
Dan zijn we op zoek naar jou!
|Plaatsingsdatum||dinsdag 31 oktober 2017|
|Bedrijfsnaam||S5 Agency World Rotterdam|
|Contactpersoon||Mevr. Sophia Griffioen|
|Telefoon||+31 (0)10 506 2000|
Waalhaven O.Z. 77