Commissioning Operations Technician
As a Commissioning Operations Technician your work involves commissioning and transferring mechanical installations on board the ships that Royal IHC will complete at different locations to build standard and / or custom-built dredging ships. During the commissioning process, all equipment and systems present are installed and tested, resulting in a properly functioning whole or 'dredging plant'.
You are partly responsible for purchasing the main motors, auxiliary machinery and systems, and electrical machines and switchboards. Your work also includes transferring systems to customers and classification societies. Cooperation with other departments and IHC units is essential for completing these tasks.
We are looking for a Commissioning Operations Technician who can start working independently at a new ship construction yard for complex dredging and offshore ships.
- you think and work at the higher vocational education (HBO) level
- you have a degree in shipbuilding/marine engineering at the senior secondary vocational education (MBO+) level or a similar level, and extensive experience with the construction of dredging equipment and/or ships
- knowledge of hydraulics is required, affinity with PLCs is a pre
- communicating in English is not a problem for you.
The position is full-time. Commissioning Operations Technicians also go on sea trials, which means that several times a year you will be away from home for a number of continuous days.
In addition, we expect you to:
- be flexibly deployable. Within reason, we expect you to be flexible in terms of your work location in The Netherlands and, if necessary (temporarily) abroad
- work well in a team and be capable of clearly communicating expectations and goals to colleagues, third-party employees and suppliers
- have good communication skills - you earn the confidence of the people around you by combining expertise with good communication skills
- be independent
- have good organisational, coordination and interpersonal skills for maintaining relationships with employees, subcontractors and other departments.
Terms of employment
Royal IHC offer you a challenging fulltime job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Are you interested in the position of Commissioning Operations Technician and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Uiteraard is het ook mogelijk om in het Nederlands te reageren op deze positie.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
As a Commissioning Operations Technician you will work at IHC Holland, based in Kinderdijk. This organisation is constantly developing its design and construction activities for the specialised maritime sector. IHC Holland has a focus on innovative vessels, advanced equipment and life-cycle support for the dredging industry.Bedrijfspresentatie
|Plaatsingsdatum||vrijdag 20 oktober 2017|
|Sector||Scheepsbouw en -reparatie|
|Contactpersoon||Dhr. Stephan Ooms|
|Telefoon||+31 78 691 0984|