Instructor engine room and high voltage simulators #169153 MaritiemeVacaturebank.nl
Instructor engine room and high voltage simulators
Function : Instructor engine room and high voltage simulators
Department : Staff function engine room simulators, location Rotterdam
Simwave is a company active in comprehensive maritime simulation training centres equipped with simulators based on world-leading simulation technology. Operating the ER simulator and linking with the bridge simulators (sea and inland water), the post holder will be required to instruct and assess qualified marine engineers at all levels.
Position in the organisation
The post holder will be working under the supervision of the manager engine room & high voltage simulators and will be a key role player in the successful design, planning and delivery of engine room simulation based training and assessment.
Tasks and responsibilities
- professionally and completely operate the various (seven) modern marine engine room plants models;
- create and test realistic exercises that fulfil the training objectives;
- conduct, control, monitor and record exercises and assessments;
- instruct, train and assess students;
- introduce malfunctions and events thereby responding to actual acts and behaviour of trainees up to the level of chief engineers;
- give effective and constructive feedback;
- cooperate efficiently and effectively with Simwave operators that support the use of training devices;
- support applied research;
- ensure documentation (manuals, procedures, simulator logbooks, etc, is up to date;
- manage provision of the initial condition and scenario library;
- apply ownership and good housekeeping principles concerning all engine room simulators;
- constructive, effective and correct communication with clients, staff and other stakeholders; and
- be an ambassador for Simwave.
Quality, health and safety, and environment
- Ensure that the Quality, Safety and Environmental Policy is respected in accordance with National and International legislation and the Company requirements; and
- be informed with updates in companies procedures and suppliers manuals.
Competences within the function
- is authorised to seek approval for taking all necessary measures in order to realise objectives of the training, assessments and applied research; and
- is authorised to initiate commitments on behalf of Simwave BV conform the criteria in the Quality Management System.
Skills & Requirements
- Qualified and experienced as marine engineer on large seagoing vessels and familiar with both four stroke and two stroke engine propulsion systems;
- preferable familiar with dual fuel engine rooms and/or diesel electric propulsion plants;
- in depth knowledge of the maritime sector, engine room technique and technical design;
- experienced and trained in the use of engine room simulators;
- experienced as instructor, trainer and/or educator;
- interested to train and to develop on new activities closely related to developments of the centre;
- eager to transfer knowledge and experience;
- establish a good working relationship with colleagues;
- team worker with a flexible approach;
- be quality conscious, service minded and creative;
- fluent in English both verbal and written; and
- flexibility to travel and work the hours as required.
Je kunt hier inloggen om direct te solliciteren. Heb je nog geen account? Maak er een aan en solliciteer daarna direct op deze vacature.
Simwave is a company active in operating comprehensive maritime simulation training centres equipped with simulators based on world-leading simulation technology. Our customers require training or assessing on simulators and do not choose to develop and maintain their own in-house simulators for various reasons
By using our naval architects and a team of 3D modellers, we offer maritime companies facilities where they can use their own mathematical ship models in their specific port-environment. Bring your own instructors, we take care of all technical, operational and hospitality support. Simwave centres are flexible centres, it adapts to customers’ corporate branding.
Simwave operates global and independently and fully relieves customers by running best-of-class facilities. It is a one stop shop for certified maritime training and we offer the full scope of possibilities: hiring our facilities or a turnkey solution, all tailor made to your requirements and expectations.
|Plaatsingsdatum||dinsdag 17 oktober 2017|
|Functiecategorie||Management & Onderwijs, Onderwijs, Techniek, Varend Personeel|
|Contactpersoon||Dhr. Joost van Ree|
|Telefoon||+31 6 21 62 47 49|
2991 XT Barendrecht